The Floral Pavilion is a modern, 21st Century theatre in the centre of New Brighton’s recent regeneration. The venue attracts both national and local performers of all genres of theatre, and it also includes a conference centre which holds a variety of private and public events. The venue prides itself in a fun programme of quality shows, affordable ticket prices, a state of the art building, their multigenerational family feel and community hub providing opportunities for local performers of the future.
There are a variety of productions on offer at the Floral Pavilion each night of the week, including comedy, drama, musical theatre, dance, music (including sing-a-longs and tributes), family productions and other special events. The shows on offer at this community venue come from both known, national performers and upcoming local performers from schools and clubs around the Wirral area.
A range of ages are welcomes at the Floral Pavilion; with family and community at its heart, the venue aims to put on shows that can be enjoyed by both older generations and younger generations. Certain shows will undoubtable appeal more to a younger audience, or they will have young families in mind as their target audience, but the opposite is also available for a more mature audience. This venue definitely has a fun feel and an inclusive feel, considering all types of possible audience.
As a more intimate theatre, the Floral Pavilion seats up to 814 people, with a larger block of front stalls rows A to Q, and a smaller block of rear stalls from row R to Z. There are no balcony circles in this venue which offers a closer, more personal feel to the experience.
The Floral Café is open Monday to Sunday 10am-5pm with food and drink to be enjoyed in the café, Plaza lounge or Panoramic lounge. Pre-theatre fine dining is on offer at the venue in the “Floral Panoramic”, and can be selected when purchasing tickets to a show at the Floral Pavilion. The Lower Foyer has automatic door entry directly from the promenade and the auditorium has several wheelchair spaces (it is asked of customers to inform the Box Office of any requirements when booking). The lower ground floor has a wheelchair accessible life to the Panoramic Lounge, Conference Centre and Auditorium. There are wheelchair accessible toilets in the Entrance Foyer and also on the first floor in the Plaza Lounge. The venue has an induction hearing loop system installed in the main theatre (hearing aid ‘T’ position) and also in the Blue Lounge/Conference Centre. Assistant dogs are welcome in all areas of the venue.
The theatre is located on the promenade of the seaside town of New Brighton on The Wirral, overlooking the River Mersey.
There is a car park (Fort Perch Rock Car Park) located opposite the venue and parking available nearby at Marine Promenade, Kings Parade and on Victoria Road. There are disabled parking spaces available near to the entrance of the theatre. However, it is residents’ parking only behind the venue.
The Floral Pavilion is accessible via several cycle routes across the Wirral. From Birkenhead Bus Station, the 410 and 411 buses from Liverpool Sir Thomas Street and the 432 and 433 buses can be taken to Kings Promenade. Follow the prom around in the direction of the lighthouse/fort and the walk is approximately five minutes to the Floral Pavilion (situated on the right of Marine Promenade opposite the walkway leading to the entrance of Fort Perch Rock). Via rail, take the Wirral Line from Liverpool Lime Street or Chester to New Brighton Station. Once arrived at New Brighton Station, turn left along Atherton Street and walk downhill to the promenade then turn right, following the promenade around in the direction of the lighthouse/fort. The walk is approximately five minutes to the venue. For travel via car, the SATNAV code is Marine Promenade CH45 2JS.
There are several well-known restaurants in the local vicinity of the Floral Pavilion including Prezzo Italian, Pizza Express and Bella Italia, along with more local restaurants like Portofino and The Olive Tree Bistro, all within approximately five miles of the venue.
Bars, Pubs and Clubs
Attendees are sure to find the perfect spot before or after a show at one of the many pubs and bars in the local area. The Magazine Hotel Pub, The Master Marina Pub, Seahorse Pub, The Marino Lounge Café Bar and The New Brighton Hotel Bar and Lounge are all located within five miles of the Floral Pavilion.
The New Brighton Hotel Bar and Lounge and Albion Guest House are within walking distance of the Floral Pavilion. There is also a Travelodge less than a mile from the venue. Other accommodation options include Hollins Hey Hotel, The Grove House Hotel and The Wellington Hotel, which are all within five miles of the venue.
Other Local Services
The New Brighton Promenade offers a stunning view of The River Mersey and several attractions including The Black Pearl shipwreck (popular with children), Fort Perch Rock (fort-turned-museum) and The New Palace and Adventureland Fairground. The Marine Point Retail and Leisure Park is only 2.6 miles from the Promenade.
Telephone Number: 0151 666 0000
Email Address: email@example.com
Social Media Links
- What’s Love Got To With It? – A Tribute to Tina Turner Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Nathan Carter Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Psychic Sally – 10 Years And Counting Review, Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Kiki Dee & Carmelo Luggeri Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Burn The Floor With Kevin Clifton Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Fascinating Aida Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Bootleg Blondie Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Beauty And The Beast Pantomime Review – Floral Pavilion
- Some Guys Have all the Luck: The Rod Stewart Story – Floral Pavilion Theatre, New Brighton
- Luther – A Luther Vandross Tribute Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- ELO Again Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Illegal Eagles Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Seven Drunken Nights – The Story of The Dubliners Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Judy & Liza Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- All-Star Superslam Wrestling Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Mothership – Led Zeppelin Tribute Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Giovanni Pernice – This Is Me, Floral Pavilion
- By The Waters Of Liverpool Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Band Of Gold Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Menopause The Musical 2 – Cruising Through Menopause Review, Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- An Evening With Frankie Dettori Review, Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Juan Martin Review, Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- ARRIVAL – The Hits Of ABBA Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Puccini’s Madama Butterfly Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Ga Ga – A Tribute To Queen Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Desperate Scousewives 2 – Pulling A Christmas Cracker! Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- The Magic Of Motown Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Cinderella By Chrysanth’s Panto Society Review – Floral Pavilion, New Brighton
- Theatre Review: Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Floral Pavilion, New Brighton starring Claire Sweeney & Luke Walsh
- Theatre Review: In The Night Garden, Floral Pavilion, New Brighton